The Sejm Archives (AS)
The Sejm Archives was created as autonomous state archives in 1991. During the reorganization of the Chancellery of the Sejm in 1993 it was incorporated into the Sejm Library as one of its divisions.
It collects documentation produced as a result of the work of the Sejm and its bodies, i.e. minutes from the sittings of the Sejm, Presidium of the Sejm, Sejm committees and subcommittees, minutes from the meetings of the Council of Seniors, documentation of laws and resolutions of the Sejm, deputies’ questions and interpellations, Sejm bills, verbatim reports from the sittings of the Sejm etc., and also audio and video recordings of the sittings of the Sejm and Sejm committees.
The Sejm Archives receives on a deposit basis the archival documentation created by parliamentary factions and deputies’ offices as well as by the Polish Group of the Interparliamentary Union.
Moreover, the AS also performs the function of the archives of the Chancellery of the Sejm.
The task of the AS is also to collect and prepare editions of archival sources to the history of Polish parliamentary system.
In December 2018 the size of AS collections was :
- files 1956–2018 – 1 500,68 running metres, including A category files – 1 019,04 running metres;
- audio recordings 1962-2018 (tapes and cassettes) – 68 965 pcs;
- video recordings 1981-1982 and 1991-2007 – 5 128 cassettes;
- photographs 1919-2015 (sets by subject) – 10 193 sets;
- documents on microfiche 1919-1939 and 1982-1984 – 1 691 pcs;
- documents on microfilms 16th-18th century and 1919-1939 – 159 reels.